Here at In Libris Veritas your privacy is important. This policy is here to provide you with a walkthrough on how your personal/non-personal data is collected on InLibrisVeritas.com and to give you options on remaining anonymous.
Personal Identification Information
In Libris Veritas collects personal identification information from visitors in several ways. We collect information when visitors subscribe to the site’s newsletter, fill out any form provided, visit the site, and more. Visitors may be asked for name, email address, mailing address, and other details that might be required in order to provide you with a service. There are options to visit the site anonymously, however.
This data allows us to notify you of a prize won during giveaways, and/or send prizes to. The newsletter will use your email address and the comment system may notify you of replies your comments. Providing an email address will allow In Libris Veritas to answer any comments or questions you may have.
The only instance of In Libris Veritas sharing information with entities outside of WordPress will be if a visitor has won a giveaway. In which case your mailing address and email will be provided to those sponsoring the giveaway. Mailing information will only be kept on file until prize winner has notified In Libris Veritas that giveaway prize has been received.
Askimet is a spam catcher that looks for harmful or spam comments.
Gravatar an anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
This site uses the Reply Notification plugin. When you leave a comment on this site, your name, email, and IP address will be collected and stored on this site managed with WordPress (.org) indefinitely. Your name/username will be shown publicly, but the email and IP address are not. If at any point you wish to have a comment removed, you can contact us.
This plugin also allows me to reply to your comments. I blog to share books and to talk about books. I love to reply back but if you’d prefer I do not respond, please notify me. You can state so in the comment or notify me by email.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect aggregated non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to this Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Google Analytics Data Retention is set for up to 14 months. We use Google Analytics, a service which collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions.
- WordPress may retain visitor information such (but not limited to) as visitor’s country of origin, search terms used to find In Libris Veritas, and referral links.
Cookies are parcels of information collected through your web browsing activities and stored on your computer. In Libris Veritas may use “cookies” to improve the visitor’s experience. Cookies are temporarily stored on your devices so this site can remember you, information such as logins, or the pages you have visited.
For more information on how to manage and/or delete your cookies visit aboutcookies.org. For more information on advertising cookies, and how to manage them, visit the EU based youronlinechoices.eu , or the US based aboutads.info
Please note that the use of cookie restriction or the disabling of cookies can limit the usage of sites or prevent them from working. Most sites will tell the visitor if cookies are mandatory for use.
In Libris Veritas uses several types of cookies.
- Essential Cookies -These are the cookies that remember you and your login info for such things as the commenting systems.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about the traffic to In Libris Veritas as well as how visitors use the site. The information collected is anonymous and does not identify the individual who has visited the site. It includes such things as the number of visitors to the site, country of IP origin, search terms used to find the site, and other similar information. In Libris Veritas uses this information to help operate, maintain, and improve your experience.
- Social Media Cookies. Social Media Cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the site (such as those listed below each blog post) or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook or Twitter. The individual social network and will record that you have done this. WordPress/In Libris Veritas will record this data only if the buttons located at the bottom of the individual posts are used.
In Libris Veritas may collect/use visitors personal information for the following:
- Personalizing Your Experience
Non-personal data is used to make note of visitors interest in blog posts/topics.
- Improving/Smoothing Your Experience
This information is used to make your experience on In Libris Veritas smoother. This information is provided voluntarily and will help the site remember your information when posting comments or replies.
In Libris Veritas may collect and use feedback to help improve the site.
In Libris Veritas has a subscribe feature that will notify you via email if the site has a new blog post or page available. This mailing list is maintained by WordPress and is entirely optional. You may unsubscribe at any time. In Libris Veritas will use optionally provided emails to notify you if you have won a giveaway or have a reply to your comments.
Protecting Your Information
We have adopted appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices. Security measures are in place to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username and data stored on our Site.
If there is a possibility of a data breach, we will do our best to inform everyone within a 72 hour period via a post on the site and by reaching out to those affected via email if possible.
Sharing Your Personal Information
In Libris Veritas does not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information with others.
Certain information may be shared with others when necessary to complete a function.
- If you win a giveaway we may share your mailing address. Information on who the address with will be shared on the same page/post you have entered the giveaway.
- In Libris Veritas may share generic/non-personal demographic information regarding visitors and users with, trusted affiliates and advertisers. This data may include how many unique visitors we receive per month or social media following numbers.
Third Party Websites
Visitors may find advertising or other content on In Libris Veritas that link to the sites and services of our partners, and other third parties. In Libris Veritas does not control the content or links that appear on these sites and is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may have rotating or changing content. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to In Libris Veritas, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Including links to
When a visitor clicks on an affiliate link it has a cookie to track In Libris Veritas’ ID, once a visitor enters their site they are subject to their cookie/date policy.
Our Policy on Children
According to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 falls under the parent’s control. The Federal Trade Commision (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces COPPA’s rule and clearly defines what the operators of websites and online services are required to do to protect the privacy of children and provide them with safety online.
In Libris Veritas does not market to children under 16. If a parent or guardian feels that their child has provided the site with information without their consent, they should contact us immediately, and we will delete any information provided.
- Statements and opinions expressed on this blog are those of In Libris Veritas unless otherwise stated.
- Opinions shared by others on this blog may not reflect those held by In Libris Veritas.
- In Libris Veritas reserves the right to moderate comments.
- Authors & Publishers may send In Libris Veritas an Advanced Reading Copy or finished copy in exchange for an unbiased review. All reviews have the source listed at the top of the review in the information block.
- Purchases made through buy links and affiliate ads may result in a commission. In Libris Verits is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates. This is an affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for users to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com products.
- All materials on this blog were produced and/or compiled by In Libris Veritas.
- No images, text or designs from this site may be copied or reproduced without written consent, with the exception of authors and publishers who may use parts of reviews for quotations.
Acceptance of Terms
By using In Libris Veritas, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use In Libris Veritas. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Contacting In Libris Veritas
Michelle Gilmore – InLibrisVeritas@yahoo.com