Tell Me Tuesday #83 & TTT: Fall 2018 TBR

TellMeTuesday

Hosted by La La in the Library

I haven’t been reading these past few days since my mood is in the toliet, and I’ve mostly been playing Elder Scrolls Online. But I did finish quite a few books over the weekend.

• Down Among The Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire – This the second book in the Wayward Children series and it centers on two of the characters from the first book, and we get to know more about the door they traveled through and just how much they have changed.
  • Pip Barlett’s Guide to Magical Creatures by Jackson Pearce & Maggie Stiefvater – This was a super cute MG, it’s focused on the younger end of that age group and I thought it was a lot of fun.

Now

• The Good Neighbor by Maxwell King – I started this on a whim and because I saw that the narrator is Lavar Burton. Seriously, this is the best combination of subject and reader.
  • Priest of Bones by Peter McLean – I started this one a few days ago and so far it’s kind of meh for me. I like the idea of it a lot, but I don’t think it ‘voice’ of it is really resonating with me yet. It’s kind of a fantasy Godfather type story.
  • Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa – This is really feeling a bit like Inuyasha and I’m absolutely here for it. I know there will be a romance angle so I am mentally preparing myself for that ahead of time.

Top Ten Tuesday

Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

Books On My Fall 2018 TBR

So I don’t really do TBR lists because I never stick to them since I’m a mood reader. I could make a list for tomorrow and I’d basically trash it within the first hour of reading. But here are some that I would love to get to soonish.

Image | This entry was posted in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Tell Me Tuesday #83 & TTT: Fall 2018 TBR

1. ChrissiReads says:

I really need to get to Gemina at some point. Hope that you love these books.

2. Greg says:

Gemina rocked (at least for me) and I should read all the Star Wars stuff.

3. Shealea says:

I just finished Shadow of the Fox last weekend, and I loved it! Totally a breath of fresh air from darker, more serious YA fantasy. I’m glad you’re enjoying the book, too.

Also, I’m interested in Throne of Jade. I’ll definitely check it out. Great post!

🌟 TTT: Fall 2018 Asian science fiction & fantasy releases to fall in love with

4. Oh, I loved Gemina! And Obsidio destroyed me, haha. I hated that book because of the huge slump it gave me but now I’m back to loving it 100%.

Hope you love them!

Happy reading 🙂

5. Jess @ Jessticulates says:

Great list! I’d like to read Toil & Trouble soon, too, and I want to give Naomi Novik’s Temeraire series a try at some point as well.

6. Redhead says:

Levar Burton reading about Mr. Rogers? shut up and take my money! You got some great stuff on your TBR, how is that Seanan McGuire series? Just about everything I’ve read of hers has made me cry my eyes out. You are going to LOVE Dickinson’s The Traitor Baru Cormorant, that book is sooooooo gooooood!

7. Poinsettia says:

I’d like to read some V.E. Schwab. I’ve heard good things about her work. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

8. Throne of Jade looks good.

I don’t do so well with my TBR unless it’s a new release that I want so much that I pre-order it or it’s a library book that I put on hold and I have to read before I turn it back in. This fall there’s a ton of both of those though.

9. Ah A Conjuring of Light was so good! I also need to get around to Toil & Trouble at some point.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/09/18/top-ten-tuesday-177/

10. I read a book about Mr. Rogers called Peaceful Neighbor. I added the one you read to my pile. I felt the first Wayward Children book was too predictable, but people seem to have liked this sequel more. I am going to read it next year sometime. I have had my eye on the Pip Bartlett book for ages. I know my library must have it. Ha ha. 📚✨

Thanks for TMTing! 💜

• I’ll have to check that one out too! I think the first Wayward Children book was a bit predictable, the second one might be too since it’s kind of prequel to the first one. I just love portal fantasy and even more so when it’s a bit twisted and dark. I definitely liked it more than the first.

11. I’m the same with TBRs. I’ll happily make them, but I rarely stick to them. I hope you like A Conjuring of Light! I loved that book.

12. Kyra says:

Gemina is so amazing! Enjoy!

My TTT post!

13. Great list!! Beneath the Sugar Sky and A Conjuring of Light were my favorites that I read out of those. I’m reading Toil & Trouble soon too – can’t wait to start that one! I loooooved Illuminae but now I’m afraid it’s been too long since I read it to start the sequels. :/

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )