Hosted by La La in the Library
I haven’t been reading these past few days since my mood is in the toliet, and I’ve mostly been playing Elder Scrolls Online. But I did finish quite a few books over the weekend.
- Down Among The Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire – This the second book in the Wayward Children series and it centers on two of the characters from the first book, and we get to know more about the door they traveled through and just how much they have changed.
- Pip Barlett’s Guide to Magical Creatures by Jackson Pearce & Maggie Stiefvater – This was a super cute MG, it’s focused on the younger end of that age group and I thought it was a lot of fun.
- The Good Neighbor by Maxwell King – I started this on a whim and because I saw that the narrator is Lavar Burton. Seriously, this is the best combination of subject and reader.
- Priest of Bones by Peter McLean – I started this one a few days ago and so far it’s kind of meh for me. I like the idea of it a lot, but I don’t think it ‘voice’ of it is really resonating with me yet. It’s kind of a fantasy Godfather type story.
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa – This is really feeling a bit like Inuyasha and I’m absolutely here for it. I know there will be a romance angle so I am mentally preparing myself for that ahead of time.
Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
Books On My Fall 2018 TBR
So I don’t really do TBR lists because I never stick to them since I’m a mood reader. I could make a list for tomorrow and I’d basically trash it within the first hour of reading. But here are some that I would love to get to soonish.
- The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickenson
- Thrawn: Alliances by Timothy Zane
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab (Already started)
- Rebel Rising by Beth Revis
- Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
- Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
- Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire
- Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik
- Ten Thousand Thunders by Brian Trent