Hosted by La La in the Library
So this week is my last week at work most likely…I think we are packing on Thursday, I don’t know if that will spill into the beginning of next week or not. *shrugs* So I’m officially on my way to unemployment! Again…because I enjoyed it so much the first time. Funnily enough, the last time I was unemployed I wasn’t laid off, I just couldn’t get a freaking interview. So I’m mixing and matching this time. Laid off AND unemployment. Variety the spice of life, yo.
Okay, I think that’s enough snark for the week. I haven’t read a ton in the past few days, because stress, but I’m hoping that the expected free time will be filled with fictional worlds…I’ll need it! There is also a Harry Potter themed readathon for the month of August that I am tempted to join in on called the N.E.W.T.s readathon, the O.W.L.s were in April but you can do either or in this one. You actually have challenges based on the classes.
- Medusa Uploaded by Emily Devenport – This was my pick for the Litsy Markup Postal Book Club (hopefully those ladies don’t read the blog or the surprise is ruined). It’s a generation ship sci-fi with a story centered around revenge, intrigue, and socio-political issues. I quite enjoyed it! It has some heavy topics, but for the most part, it is a ‘lighter’ read. It’s actually a bit odd at how it keeps it’s more pleasant tone despite constantly showing you some of the worst of humanity. It also has a ton of music and movie references (art databases are a big focus) which was great as well. I made a list of everything to send with the book so the other ladies can check them out if they wish.
- Black Magick Vol. 2: Awakening II by Greg Rucka – I love the art for this series. The story is pretty enjoyable as well and I’m really excited to see where the series goes.
- Night Shift by Stephen King – Not my favorite by far. I don’t think I’m going to get along with his short fiction. I didn’t hate it, I just didn’t find any of them all that fantastic.
- Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel – Finally! I am finally reading this! So far I am enjoying it, but I am only 70 pages in.
- The Door to the Lost by Jaleigh Johnson – So far I’m really enjoying his one too! The friendship that Rook and Drift have is perfection.