Hosted by La La in the Library
I got some more bad news this week, so basically all my plans to actually enjoy myself have gone out the window and now I’m just focusing on staying in a healthy mental space. I’m not sure how much reading I will get done this week, but a girl can hope!
- Bloodline by Claudia Gray – Leia is and will always be one of my all-time favorite badass females. Claudia Gray is by far one of the best writers in the current Star War lineup. If you want to start out reading some SW but don’t know where to start, I recommend either this or Lost Stars (Young Adult). She understands the characters and really gives them room to breathe in a somewhat crowded galaxy.
- Runaways: Find Your Way Home – I thought this was a reboot of the old series…it’s not, it’s a continuation. So as I haven’t read the original series I was lost and didn’t really get why any of the characters did what they did.
- Night Shift by Stephen King – I have around 8 days to finish this bad boy off for the Stephen King book club, and I’ve barely started. But hopefully, I can get to it over the next few days.
- Rad Girls Can by Kate Schatz – I read the previous book Rad Women Worldwide and adored it, so I’m sure excited to dig into a book that focuses on young women below the age of 20 who have managed to stand up and stand out in some way. This releases on July 17th
I normally don’t do this section because I never really know what is coming up next, but in this case, I actually do!
- The Door to the Lost by Jaleigh Johnson – Super excited to get back into middle-grade fiction!
- Black Magick Vol. 2: Awakening II – I really enjoyed the first one and the art is phenomenal
- Han Solo – Not a Solo fan, however, Bloodline did a lot to make him into an actual person instead of the low life he tends to come off as in the movies. So I figured while I still see him somewhat positively I will get a bit more SW reading done.