Hosted by La La in the Library
I’m enjoying reading again and I’m kicking off a few more readalongs with Litsy pals, and trying to clear out some from my TBR as well.
- The Sacred Blacksmith Vol. 9 – I’m trying to finish off a couple of manga series that I started last year. This one was kind of okay, it’s better than the majority of the volumes in the series though. They pretty much cut out all the fanservice in favor of story, finally…the sad part is, there is only one more volume after this one.
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry – In an attempt to get through some Newbery winners, I picked up this one last week during my lull between audiobooks. I enjoyed it overall, and I’m sort of glad I waited to read it until I was an adult because younger me would have finished it off quickly to get back to my fantasy novels.
- The Power by Naomi Alderman – Still rather addicting, and I love the Mother Eve character.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company by Alexander Freed – This is a bit of a snoozefest. I don’t like straightforward military sci-fi. It has to be super character heavy with some fantastic world building if I do read it, and this doesn’t have either of those really. It provides some nice perspective on each side of the battlefields, but it’s a slog. I’m reading this with a Litsy friend that is also addicted to readalongs.
- The Lays of Beleriand by J.R.R. Tolkien – Yep, still at it with the Tolkien readalong and probably will be at it for a long time. This is the group that keeps on going. This is a bit of the behind the scenes process of the ways some of these Lays have changed over time and the inspirations behind some of them.