Hosted by La La in the Library
I think I’ve got a bit of my reading mojo back! I won’t count myself back in the game just yet, but I’ve done quite a bit of reading this past week and actually enjoyed it. So it’s a nice step in the right direction.
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King – My first King book finished! I’m so glad I joined the group on Litsy, they will be tackling all of his books and the read-along lasts until 2023…I don’t know if I’m in it for the long haul or not, but it’ll be nice to stick for a little bit at least. I liked this one quite a bit and I think it was a good first book for me since it deals with vampires, which I adore in most iterations (as long as they don’t sparkle and creep on teens).
- Homeland by R.A. Salvatore – My boyfriend and I buddy read this one while at work, and we both really enjoyed it! It’s epic fantasy but on the lighter side, which is perfect. The main character is a bit of mary sue but I’m okay with that, I’m hoping that the next book expands on his character a bit more though.
- Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff – This was as expected and didn’t really bring anything new to the table. It reads like gossip and so I’ll treat it as such for the most part.
- The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 6″ Imperial Phase Part II – I adore this series. It wavers in areas in terms of strength, but it really captures what I like about mythology (past or otherwise). Plus the art is always amazing.
- A River In Darkness by Masaji Ishikawa – Utterly heartbreaking. It focuses one Masaji’s life both before living in N. Korea and after his family moved there. It paints such a dismal picture, and for one person to have to work so hard for so little. It’s currently free right now on Amazon with the audio being reduced to $1.99 after you get the ebook.
- I am behind on my Goodreads challenge by 11 books…I think this might be the farthest I’ve fallen behind in recent years. I’m not going to stress over it too much though, I’m sure I can make up the ground at some point.
- I joined the local rec center, so now I have more time to listen to audios as I work out!
- I started a Sci-Fi/Fantasy book club on Litsy after discovering that there wasn’t one, or at least not one focused on the genres as a whole as opposed to specific book series. I’m somewhat nervous, but I’m hopeful. We have 12 members already and the initial post has only been up for a few hours at the time this went live (midnight).