Hosted by La La in the Library
- Tehanu by Ursula K. Le Guin – This was a big change of pace for this series. It has a completely different tone from the previous books and focuses a lot more on the people than the plot. I appreciated what Guin was trying to do here, highlighting that everyday life can be horrific especially for a woman in a society focused on men. But it felt…odd. Like the pace was uneven.
- Stolen Enchantress by Amber Argyle – I really enjoy Amber’s work and this one was no exception. I got a little worried about the love interest angle, but things were more than they seemed in a few cases.
- Lumberjanes Vol. 6: Sink or Swim – These comics are such fun cute reads. The last volume was a bit disappointing as the art changed and the writer did as well, so it felt kind of rushed and weird. But the artist and writer have evened out and refined themselves back into the swing of things.
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King – I kind of stalled out on this one for a few weeks, but I am back at it. It had a slow start but it’s certainly moving along now. I’m glad this one will be my first King novel as I love vampires and prefer them to be moody in the atmosphere instead of quickly paced, which is exactly what this book is.
- Homeland by R.A. Salvatore – This attempt number 3 at this one, it’s not a bad read at all I just keep picking it up at the wrong time. This time though it’s a buddy read with my boyfriend.
- My sinus infection refuses to go away and now I have resorted to my least favorite thing, antibiotics. It started to ease up quite a bit and my doctor agreed that I was on the upward stroke of the illness, but she gave me a ‘just in case’ prescription for the off chance it got worse again. Well, it got worse. I had two days of almost no ear problems and perfect sinuses…and then today happened. My ear canal and jawline are in so much pain I’m damn near delirious. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and it’s kicking my ass. I’m hoping these little nuke pills will take care of it.
- Finn is being a jerk, which isn’t news really. He had his neuter surgery on Friday and yesterday I had a freak out because he managed to irritate the sutures and was all swollen up for hours. (At night, so vet visit was out of the question until morning). The swelling went down after he finally went to bed (at freaking 5 am), and I got a total of 2 hours of sleep before work.