Hosted by La La in the Library
- Fire in Frost by Alicia Rades – I started this back in February of last year and never finished it, so I decided to blaze through it on a day I didn’t feel like delving into my larger reads. It was quick and easy, though it does address some domestic abuse. I’m sort of torn on its inclusion. It brings up the valid point that abuse happens in high school as well as well as providing support for those who are going through it, but it stays a light read. At any rate it’s a decent paranormal mystery novel.
- Dune by Frank Herbert – We are into the second part of Dune now, and I’m enjoying it more than I was a week ago. The info dumps of the first part were getting to me, but once it got out of the meeting rooms and out into the world it got a lot more interesting.
- The Book of Lost Tales Part One by J.R.R. Tolkien –
- The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. Le Guin – This one is more interesting than the first book, but not a lot has happened. It’s mostly been explaining the role of the main character in her religion as well as her life within the Tombs, and now that we are halfway done it’s finally starting to feel like the story is truly getting started.
- I finished a point and click called Lost Grimores: Stolen Kingdom. It was a decent one, but I found myself mostly bored with it by the time I hit 100%.
- I started a platformer called Super Lucky’s Tale and it’s pretty fun. It’s aimed towards kids (which seems rare these days) so it’s not terribly difficult, but it’s got just enough challenge to it that it keeps you paying attention.
- I’m also playing through Agents of Mayhem, which is pretty fun as well and great for days when you don’t want to think or truly pay attention.
- Finn (kitten) has been a raging jerk these past few weeks. I’m hoping it’s just the fact that he’s getting older and dealing with a surplus of hormones because at this rate I’m going to go crazy. He has days where he is the sweetest cat who enjoys playing like normal, and days where he goes full-on maniac and attacks me and everything within a radius. It’s tiring to have to tell him no 80 times over the same thing. Only a month and hopefully the mood swings will chill out after his alteration surgery.