Hosted by La La in the Library
I spent much of this week reading my books for my three Litsy buddy reads, and not much else.
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin – This was a new chapter a day read I started late last week. I enjoyed this one, but it seemed to be missing something overall. I didn’t totally connect with the main character, and felt like he wasn’t totally developed. I will be continuing on with the next book.
- Tales from the Perlious Releam by J.R.R Tolkien – This is the anthology of some of Tolkien’s short stories, poems, and essays. I posted about Roverandom and the Adventures of Tom Bombadil in previous TMT posts. We polished it all off Friday. Our next read is The Book of Lost Tales, Part One which we’ll start on March 2nd.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stane by J.K. Rowling – I ordered this a week ago and it showed up on Saturday. I couldn’t help but start reading it aloud and have spent much of the time laughing at the weird words. (Ex: Owl = hootlet ) If you read it aloud long enough you start picking up the accent automatically, so it’s been a ton of fun.
- Dune by Frank Herbert – This is another buddy read on Litsy that I joined. I tried watching the movie a few months back and I had no clue what was happening, but the book is a lot easier to keep up with. I’m fairly early on in it, so I don’t have much of an opinion on it yet.
- I finished up Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride, a point and click game, on Saturday. I’ve now moved on to the second game, Grim Legends: Song of the Dark Swan.
- I took my cat outside again and Leia (my dog) finally decided to walk up to him and give him a face to face once over. I have a feeling I’ll be getting them use to each other outside in a neutral space since Leia refuses while inside the house.