Hosted by La La in the Library
This week is basically going to be devoted to catching up on my group reads, as I’ve fallen behind in two of the three. I’m just not motivated right now. I mean I want to read, in theory, but I sit down to try or put on my headphones I immediately zone out or fall asleep. I’m blaming it on caffeine withdrawals. I haven’t had any in about 2 months and while the other symptoms I have basically shrugged off, I can’t quite shake the desire to sleep about 18 of the 24 hours every day. My migraines have calmed down and I don’t really mentally crave the caffeine anymore, but my body is feeling it for sure. This is my third time going through this and it’s never any easier.
- Roverandom by J.R.R. Tolkien – This was quite a cute story. It follows a dog (Rover) as he is cursed and travels far and wide to break that curse.
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin – I’ve been wanting to try out an Earthsea book for a while. I remember checking out one from the library when I was in middle school, but I didn’t get around to reading it. Now I’m reading a chapter a day with a group of people on Litsy. So far I’m really enjoying it.
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker – I’m about 54% done with this one, but I needed a bit of a break from it. Hopefully, I can pick back up this week.
- I completed another point and click game (Nightmares from the Deep 2) and I’m working on my second playthrough of Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride. They are both by the same developer, so they’ve been consistently fun.
- I also completed a game called Submerged, which is a quiet game that relies on art to tell its story. I enjoyed it, but collecting all the items got a little tiring towards the end.