Hosted by La La in the Library
- Sterling by Dannika Dark – This had some favorable reviews from a few reviewers I follow and since I’m currently trying out the Romance Package on Audible I decided to give it a shot. I’m so glad I didn’t actually have to pay for this. The plot was extremely rushed, which is weird considering the length of the novel. The relationships were both excessive and lacking. We end up with a weird love square and it’s not even done all that well. Plus super alpha males make me want to throw things.
- Gifted Thief by Helen Harper – This one was quite fun. It’s one those books that are perfectly described as junk food. It’s not fantastic but it’s enjoyable and in moderation totally worth the time.
- Blood Rights by Kristen Painter – This one turned out to be a disappointing. It’s not bad, it’s just…boring. I actually had a netgalley copy of this from years ago that I could never get into, I always blamed it on being a mood reader…but now I know it’s because there wasn’t much for me to get into in the first place. It does have some excellent properties, it just doesn’t pay off.
- Seduction by Brenda Joyce – Still taking advance of the Romance Package, and knocking a few books that I’ve had on my own shelves off at the same time. So far it’s pretty enjoyable, it takes place during the French Revolution between a British woman who sympathizes with the French revolutionaries and a British spy pretending to be a French soldier.
- The Children of Hurin by J.R.R Tolkien – This is such a sad book, but it’s a good one! We will be finishing this one this upcoming Sunday, and it seems part of the group wishes to continue forward with Beren and Luthien. I’m going to request it from the library first because I would prefer not to purchase the hardcover at the moment.