Hosted by La La in the Library
- Chew Vol. 2: International Flavor – This series is so weird, but I think I love it. It’s a lot of fun and the farther along we go the more curious I am to see what exactly is going on.
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien – We finished this up this past weekend! It’s such a tough read and I see why so many people say they’ve had trouble with it, but I adore it. It’s beautifully written and adds so much to the Middle Earth mythos.
- Monstress Vol. 1: Awakening – The art in this is absolutely gorgeous. The story is a tad confusing at first, but once I caught on to what was happening I was hooked. I do kind of hate that comics always push you into the deep end at first and keep the air of mystery for as long a possible.
- The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien – We started this one on Sunday! I bought the audiobook to help me get through the work week without falling behind. I just finished the Silmarillion which briefly goes over the story, but I look forward to seeing it full play out.
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab – I keep stopping in the middle of chapters on this one, but it’s really no fault of the story itself. It’s just as good as the previous books, I just have an issue completing series I think.
- Strange Weather by Joe Hill – This is a collection of four short stories. I’m on the second story now and it’s fantastic. The first is called Snapshot, and it definitely captures why I like Joe Hill. It’s creepy, but it’s not something that hits you instead it slowly envelops you.