Hosted by La La in the Library
- Black Canary Vols. 1 & 2 – I barely read DC anymore and this sort of summed up why. There is a lot that’s really fun and cool within it, but it also seems tedious and sort of overdone despite being unique. I like the music angle but also felt like it had WAY too much focus on the villains they go up against. A music inclined hero with the ability to scream incredibly loudly goes up against music based villains who are destroyed by a sound or use the industry to work their villainy? It’s all very Saturday morning cartoon-like.
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien – We shall finish this one this week! I’m totally two chapters behind at the time of posting this, so I have three chapters to read/listen to before I fall too far behind. The next reading stop will be The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, which is a set poems I believe.
- Steamforged by Eric. R. Asher – I listened to the first book earlier this year and really enjoyed it, especially with the narrator. I’m super happy that Eric approved my review request! Steampunk with a side of gigantic bugs? YES PLEASE.
- What We See in the Stars by Kelsey Oseid – This is my newest Blogging for Books pick, and I love the art already! I’m all about space and I’ve really been enjoying the info books I’ve been getting from Ten Speed Press.
- Curiouser and Curiouser by Melanie Karsak – I’ll read anything by Karsak…so it was a no-brainer to request to review this one and she approved me! Steampunk Alice in Wonderland, here I come!
- Monstress by Marjorie Lu – This one has a lot of buzz surrounding it and the artwork is stunning. Here’s hoping it will hold up to the hype.