Hosted by La La in the Library
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows – Goodreads: I’ve had this one for a while and decided to finally give it a shot because I’m clearing off my shelves. It was okay, but not mind-blowing so it’s in my pile to trade in when I get the chance. My review for this one will go up on Thursday.
- The Woodsman by Belle Scarlett – Goodreads: This was a review audio for the Audavoxx newsletter. It’s a super-short erotic spin on fairy tales and has a somewhat unique premise in terms of the setting. My review of this should go live in the newsletter sometime in the next few weeks.
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson – Goodreads: I’ve been kind of curious about this one for a while because I’ve read most of the volumes of Lumberjanes and really enjoyed them. This one has a somewhat light-hearted feel to it towards the beginning but works its way into some fairly emotional issues surrounding Nimona and Blackheart. It’s fun and full of feels.
- Crane by Stacey Rourke – Goodreads: My next Audavoxx listen! I actually have this as a signed paperback from several years ago but forgot all about it until after I already committed to listening. So now I’m kind of excited to tackle a TBR read and a review title at the same time.
- My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf – Goodreads: I’ve been hearing about this a lot lately because of the upcoming movie and I was surprised to see that my library had a copy. I’m already about halfway through it at the time I typed this post, and it’s interesting in a sort of unsettling way. It goes over Jeffery Dahmer’s life as Derf, a guy who was a ‘friend’ of Dahmer’s in school. It’s not a sensationalized story, which I really appreciate, and it focuses on how aspects of his life were kind of ‘normal’ for that age. Normal in the sense that he was a social outcast and high school doesn’t lend itself to kindness or empathy for those who don’t fit in, and how we rarely look past the surface nor do we want to until it’s too late. “Where were the damn adults?”
- Horns by Joe Hill – Goodreads: Another Joe Hill novel for me to tackle! I’ve read N0S4A2, The Fireman and The Heart Shaped Box, all of which I enjoyed. I’ve seen the movie of Horns, with Daniel Radcliff but I really wanted to try out the novel since films tend to have a different feel to them overall.
- Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris – Goodreads: I kind of fell out of love with this series years ago, but I hate leaving a series incomplete when I’ve read more than half of them. They are not bad reads, it’s just that series felt fatigued after book 9 or so. It’ll be nice to cross off a series from my super long list of series I’ve started but never finished.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer – Goodreads: Speaking of series I need to finish, I still haven’t read Winter! I grabbed Wires and Nerve from the library but it’s a direct continuation of the Lunar Chronicles so I need to tackle the 800-page book first…