Hosted by La La in the Library
- You Can’t Touch My Hair by Phoebe Robinson – Goodreads: I loved this! It’s a group of essays that talk about what it’s like being black, the way hair can serve to limit and define a person, and much more. Phoebe knows when to be hilarious and went to hit something home and I think she nailed it with this.
- Desert Hunt by Anna Lower – Goodreads: This was a random pick from my massive kindle TBR. It’s a shifter romance that actually manages to get that alpha dynamic right! I actually liked Zack and never once did I feel like he was going to trap the woman in a cage and say it’s because he loves her.
- Frenzy by Casey L. Bond – Goodreads: This is another random kindle pick for me as it was on my wishlist and went free this weekend. It’s a post-apocalyptic novel that includes both vampires and zombies, so far it’s pretty good! It looks like it promises to be gritty and dangerous, so I’m hoping the weird beautification of vampires will be avoided as well.
- Wordplay by Amalie Silver – Goodreads: Still listening to this one. I’m hoping to finish it this week, though, I’ve been listening to it too long and I need to get a move on with my review audios. I’m just having a really tough time focusing lately.
- Kubrick’s Game by Derek Taylor Kent – Goodreads: This is my next Audavoxx review for the newsletter and I’m super excited to listen to it! It has Jonathan Frakes who played Riker on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Yvette Brown who played Shirley in Community narrating, which is beyond awesome!
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin – Goodreads: This was this month’s pick for the Litsy Feminist Book Club…and since I missed out on finishing Hidden Figures for the discussion I’m hoping to at least attempt to get to this one.