Hosted by La La in the Library
So I decided to get back into manga and I read so many that if I listed them all individually with their images this post would be a mile long for no reason. So I’ve added one picture for the series I’m currently reading and will list them below.
- Tokyo Mew Mew Volumes 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 – I started this series back in high school and never got past volume 2. I had the first two rated at four stars each so I thought it would be a good starting place. Oh man, this series is painful. If I get a time machine I’m going back to stop myself from buying these and recommending a different series instead.
- School-Live! Volumes 1 & 2 – This is a slice of life manga that takes place during a zombie apocalypse, and so far I’m really enjoying it! I love all the characters so far and how they are handling things.
- The Sacred Blacksmith Volumes 1 & 2 – This is a mediocre fantasy manga with a side of ecchi (fanservice…or in layman’s terms, the blatant sexualization of moments that don’t call for it). It’s mostly forgettable, but it has some interesting aspects.
- Real Account Volume 1 – I’m a huge fan of the whole ‘person getting sucked into virtual reality’ thing when it comes to manga and anime, so this one was perfect! A bunch of people get sucked into their social media network and have to survive incredibly insane tests put before them.
- Elfen Lied Volume 1 & 2 – I’ve watched the anime and even own the box set, so this is more of a revisit for me. The art isn’t all that great in areas, but I really love this story…even if I do hate Yuka (the cousin).
- Witch Hunter Volume 1 – This one is another good one! It has the same feel as Soul Eater (an anime I enjoyed) and it’s a lot of fun to read, but this first volume is really a teaser because while it gives me info it’s clearly holding out on me.
Wordplay by Amalie Silver – Goodreads
This is a kind of parody of the romance genre and even the community as a whole, and it’s pretty hilarious. But I haven’t really been in the mood to listen to anything at the moment so it’s going slower than it should for only a 5-hour audio.
Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven – Goodreads
I need to get this one done, but I’ve stalled out on reading as well and it’s taking all my energy to read a few pages at a time. It’s really good so far, but yeah…