Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Alright Genie, wake up! I have some wishes for you to take care of,
- A Library in My House – So I don’t own my own place yet, and even when we do get one I doubt there will be an extra room with no use. So my biggest wish is to have a room devoted to nothing but all of our books. The shelves will be tall, with a cozy window reading nook, and plenty of geeky shelf decorations.
- The Ability to Read a Book Instantly – I wouldn’t do this with most books I read, but it would definitely come in handy for those times a book is dragging on, is boring, or one of those books that I want to read but can never find time for.
- For J.K. Rowling to Write Another HP Book – I actually don’t want another Harry Potter book, but instead another book set in the same world. It can be a different time period or centered around a character only mentioned in passing, it could even be a book about Madam Pomfrey’s life. ANYTHING!
- For People to Stop Giving Me the “He’s a Bully” speech, every time I mention my favorite book character is Severus Snape – I KNOW he’s a bully…I get it…I really freaking do. I don’t have to like who he is to understand him and love him. I like him because he’s flawed, I don’t get why it’s such an issue. Even people who love Bellatrix get less flak that Snape…At least I didn’t say Umbridge.
- To Have Money for My Bookish Tattoo Ideas – Tattoos are expensive when done right, a-nd I really wish I had the money for it. I want a few Harry Potter tattoos and a few normal book tattoos, but I need all the money first.
- To Be Able To Read a Book A Day – If I couldn’t get the instantaneous wish I’d at least want my reading speed and more importantly my concentration to be able to easily handle reading a book in a day. I actually can read a whole book in one sitting if I read at my actual reading speed, however I’ve found that my reading speed and my attention span/ability to sit still do not match up at all.
- For My Novels to Edit and Revise Themselves – The whole reason I’ve never published anything is purely because of my burning hatred of editing my own work. I start editing it and my anxiety skyrockets, suddenly I feel like I would if I’d suddenly been dropped into a stadium full of people, naked and expected to sing the national anthem. I’m not even exaggerating, I feel like digging a hole and burying myself alive instead of editing my own stuff.
- To Not Be a Mood Reader – There are some really cool people out there who can read whatever they want, whenever…without having to worry about not being the mood for whatever genre or length. I’m definitely a mood reader. I’lls tart all kinds of books but if it’s not the specific genre I’m in the mood for it takes me ages to get into them or finish them.
- To Have a Ton of Money to Buy Books – Book buying is expensive now, and if I can’t get them free or used I usually don’t buy books. That means new releases are no longer new by the time I usually get to them, which sort of sucks.
- To Have More Reading Friends/Family – I would love to have more people in my actual life to read so I can talk with them about it. I have managed to get my boyfriend into reading in the last year and it’s been amazing, so now I’m sort of addicted to having someone to read books with.