Hosted The Broke and the Bookish
To me a beach read is a book that’s light and fun! Something you can relax and read while sitting out in public without the fear of turning into a sobbing baby or throwing in frustration. It needs to make you feel good and keep you entertained.
- Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer – This book and it’s sequel (Off the Page) are the perfect feel good fantasy reads. Plus who doesn’t like the idea of our storybook heroes coming to life.
- The Write Stuff by Tiffany King – This is about an author falling for a cover model. It’s the right mix of romance, humor, feels and character development.
- Fever by Melissa Pearl – Another amazing and swoony romance. It’s a mostly clean read so you should only be turning red from the sun and not from the steam on the pages, but it was such an addicting read that I could easily see myself lounging on the sand all day with it.
- My Clarity by M. Clarke – Another awesome college new adult novel, that had me utterly hooked!
- Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike – Not all beach reads need to be contemporary or romance, sometimes a nice light paranormal book will do the trick.
- Pivot Point by Kasie West – This is a very quick and light sci-fi, alternate reality type book that was really difficult to put down.
- Golden by Jessi Kirby – It’s a book that makes you want to go out and do things, and while it does make you think it’s not a super heavy book or loaded with wordy prose.
- The Secret Ingredient by Stewart Lewis – About a teen who spends the summer before her senior year reading an old recipe book and learning even more about herself and her family.
- Clarity by Kim Harrington – A paranormal YA mystery with a distinct beachy feel to it.
- Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen – A fantastic retelling of Peter Pan from Hook’s point of view. It has a lot of adventure and even some romance.