Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
So I’m honestly okay with never meeting most authors, because the social expectations of that situation would basically cripple me to the point of hiding in my room feigning sickness. So this list will be authors that I would have to meet despite the urge to run screaming, and others I’ve meet before and would love to see again.
- J.K. Rowling – All hail the Queen! I’d be so stupidly excited to meet her I’d probably black out, so I’d definitely have people taking pictures so I can remember it later.
- Julie Kagawa – Julie is one super cool lady! She takes self-defense classes and hits people with sticks! She sculpts super cute dragons, one of which I own. I’d definitely go see her.
- Gail Simone – This kickass woman is a comic book writer, and she’s damn good at her job. Strong females and equal opportunity sexiness abound in her comics!
- Marissa Meyer – I’ve met her once, earlier this year, and I’d love to meet her again. She’s such a sweetheart and a lot of fun.
- Tahereh Mafi – This women not only writes epic books but she’s my fashion idol.
- Chelsea Starling – I met Chelsea briefly last year at UtopYA, and one of the few authors that I bought a book from without previously planning to do so, because she was so nice. Since then she’s been a fantastic friend, and I feel like after the past year I just need to hug her. Plus I loved her book, and now I want a Gypsy Horse
- Cheri Lasota – I happened upon Cheri’s book, Artemis Rising, on Librarything and actually won a copy! Since then I’ve had the chance to chat with her at length, and read her second book Echoes in the Glass. She’s one lovely lady! I need to buy paper copies of her books and get them signed!
- A.G. Howard – I love her Splintered series and she’s always super nice on twitter.