It’s back!! This will be quite interesting this year, since it will be the first year I’m actually out of the house for it. I’ll be at the store until 6pm this Saturday, and while being in a building full of books will definitely help the reading mojo…it’ll be interesting if it turns out to be a busy day (which I hope it will be). We’re having a downtown ‘yard sale’ so I’m not sure how much reading I’ll get done while that’s going on.
The Reading List:
Hour 1 – Update
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Villa Rica, Georgia (United States)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Finishing up A Storm of Swords is top priority! The end of these books are some of the best sections.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I brought a huge chocolate chip cookie with me to work today, so definitely that.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m 24, an all around geek, and I own a small used bookstore.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Well this will be the first time I participate while physical not at home, so that will be interesting. I’ll also have to tend to customers at some point, so I’ll defintely be trying to find a nice pace today.
Hour 2 –
Words of Wisdom – A Literary Odysessy
This quote is from The Picture of Dorian Gray, one of my favorite classics. I have a lot of quotes that work perfectly for me, but this one speaks directly to my personal battle with depression and anxiety. I’ve become more open about them and have decided to tackle them head on, instead of letting it rule me.
Reading – A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
Finished: A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (243 pages)
Thanks to work and errands I haven’t been able to read much.