Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
- J.K. Rowling – Long live the Queen!
- Brandon Sanderson – One of my absolute favorite fantasy writers, I even love his sci-fi stuff. I still have a lot of his books to read though.
- Marissa Meyer – I adore the Lunar Chronicles series. It’s well written, face paced, and a ton of fun. Plus Marissa is a sweetheart
- J.R.R. Tolkien – Do I even need to explain on this one?
- Rick Riordan – I’m a huge mythology nut, and I love the way he makes mythology accessible, fun, and modern.
- Brian Jacques – The Redwall series was a constant when I was in middle school, and I it was some of the first epic fantasy I ever read.
- Anne Rice – I know a ton of bloggers hate her..but honestly I don’t read her books because i like her as a person. I started reading her books my freshman year in high school and fell in love with the world she set for the Mayfair Witches and the Vampire Chronicles.
- George R.R. martin – I’m only two and a half books in into this series and I’m addicted to Martin’s writing.