Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I wanted to do something different today other than comparing books or giving you even more fantasy recommendations. So instead I’ll be featuring books that are space related!
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid – Some of this takes place in space, and while it’s doesn’t take up a lot of pages within the book the technology is super cool
- The Star Thief by Jamie Grey – This is a fun fast paced book with new worlds, alien races, and a main character who like a challenge
- Razor’s Edge by Martha Wells – Or any Star Wars novel really, but I do recommend looking them up first instead of picking at random. You might get one that stays planet bound or even worse, in the senate. This one has plenty of space fairing, blaster fire, and near death experiences.
- The Martian by Andy Weir – Unlike most of the others on this list this one is within the realm of possibility. It deals with NASA, Mars, and what it’s like to be all alone on a planet.
- Cress by Marissa Meyer – Of the entire series this one deals with space a bit more than the others, and I love the addition. So if you haven’t picked up the series yet…go!
- Liberty by Annie Laurie Cechini – Liberty is about a young woman who is the captain to her own ship with a mission to save her people. It’s a fun and quick paced read.
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis – Beth is an unapologetic NASA and space nerd and it shows in this book.
- Paradox by A.J. Paquette – I was hesitant to put this on here because it’s so different, but if you go into with an open mind and ready for a thrill ride of a different sort you should enjoy it.
- Blues Hearts of Mars by Nicole Grotepas – Mars, revolutions and moral debates abound in this one!
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – This entire series is a riot. I read them all in about a month, and still didn’t get enough of them. And so much better than the movie, which I still enjoy.