Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books from the Past 5 Years

Hosted The Broke and the Bookish

The MartianAlias HookA Game of Thrones

• The Martian by Andy Weir – SOOO good! The tension and the humor were at a perfect mix.
  • Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen – I’ve always enjoyed Peter Pan, but it felt a bit off…this sort of proved that feeling was correct and then made me fall in love with Hook.
  • A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – Epic fantasy lovers dream…

The Way of KingsCinderGrave Mercy

• The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson – All Sanderson, All the Time! (He’s one of my favorite authors)
  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer – One of the coolest fairy tale retellings I’ve read
  • Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – Amazing writing, awesome characters, assassin nuns…

SplinteredAshfallRot and Ruin

• Splintered by A.G. Howard – Lots of people try to do dark and twisted Alice in Wonderland stories, this one has perfected it.
  • Ashfall by Mike Mullin – One of the best and realistic post apocalyptic YA novels out there
  • Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry –  Walking Dead with teens! It’s pretty much just as awesome too.

Golden

• Golden by Jessi Kirby – One of the few books that have truly made me change the way I think.
Image | This entry was posted in General and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books from the Past 5 Years

1. Lauren says:

Great choices! I’m really looking forward to Grave Mercy and Alias Hook. 🙂
    Check out my TTT.

2. I definitely need to read Grave Mercy, Rot & Ruin and Ashfall, I’ve heard so much about them and I think I’ll love them all. Wonderful picks Michelle!

3. christine danielle says:

Want to read Cinder for a long timmmme.
    Top Ten Tuesday!

4. Precious @ Clockwork Desires says:

I haven’t read most of these, but Grave Mercy is amazing!

5. lab1990 says:

I really love Cinder too! And I’m about to read Splintered soon. 🙂

-Lauren

6. Krystianna says:

Awesome list! A Game of Thrones is so awesome and I’ve been meaning to check out Golden and Grave Mercy! 😀
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

7. Jason says:

The Martian was excellent and one of the best books I’ve read this year so far. SF done right. I agree with you, even though it is a thriller, Weir does a great job infusing humor into the story. I really hope they manage to keep a similar tone with the movie adaptation.

Here’s my list: http://literaturefrenzy.blogspot.ca/2015/03/top-ten-tuesday-all-time-favorite-books.html

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )