Hosted by Two Chicks on Books
Today’s list is for the best book covers of 2014! I’m going to endeavour to only share books I’ve read this year as well but I didn’t read a ton of new releases so some of these will simply be books I’ve shared on the blog (either on promo posts or through my mail hauls). In no particular order.
- Lark Rising by Sandra Waugh – This one was a great opening to a new YA high fantasy series, and the cover is super gorgeous in person.
- Unwrapped Sky by Rjurik Davidson – I have started this one but I haven’t finished it, the cover is stunning. Also minotaurs!
- The Glass Casket by McCromick Templeman – This one is the perfect representation of what happens in the book. It’s beautiful but it’s eerie and not quite right at the same time.
- Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber – I love Darth Maul…I adore him and his gross teeth. This cover is epic. I’ve started this one but I haven’t finished it and Maul is in high form within the first chapter.
- Guy In Real Life by Steve Brezenoff – The cover is the reason I picked this up, because it’s basically my life. I had some issues with this one to begin with but it grew on me.
- Three Princes by Romona Wheeler – Tor puts out some amazing covers and this one is now different. The ancient Egypt geek in me still squeals when I see this, even if the story was a bit lacking at times.
- Rat Queens Vol 1: Sass and Sorcery – I love this cover for the first graphic novel in the Rat Queens series. Those women are hilarious and the artstyle is a perfect representation of the inside (which is oddly rare in the comic book world).
- Nero’s Fiddle by A.W. Exley – The covers for this series are stunning and this one is no different. I love the detail and the fact that her bracelet forms the A in the author’s name makes me squee with joy. I know it’s not a fiddle, but still it’s gorgeous.
- Quickbane Part One by Chelsea Starling – This is to die for. The art is amazing and this cover is actually a wrap around cover with the rest of Firefly (the horse) on the back.
- The Star Thief by Jamie Grey – I love the overall color scheme for this one and it’s gorgeous to look at in person.