Hosted by Two Chicks on Books
The first top ten of the week is for the Best Books I’ve Read This Year! These are books that are both blacklisted and new release titles. These are not in any particular order.
- Cress by Marissa Meyer – As always Marissa has blown me away with her latest book in the Lunar Chronicles. I adore Cress and I’m so glad we got to see a lot more of Thorne.
- Little Bee by Chris Cleave – This was a book I just picked up out of curiosity and ended up being utterly hooked on it. I can’t really tell you any of the story because it would ruin it in some ways, but it was totally worth it.
- The Peculiar by Stefan Bachmann – I had this on audio from SYNC and finally listened to it while following along in my paperback copy. So good! Both the audio and the book are totally amazing.
- Sunrise by Mike Mullin – This is the last book in his Ashfall series and I almost cried at the ending. Looking at the cover makes me want to cry…Such a good series! The characters have been through so much and this last book was perfect.
- Echoes in the Glass by Cheri Lasota – Cheri was one of the first authors I took a review request from for her book Artemis Rising, which I adored. So I couldn’t pass up a chance to read her newest release. She managed to weave another intricate tale that I couldn’t stop reading, putting her at the top of my list.
- The Star Thief by Jamie Grey – I won a copy of this (along with an amazing scarf that I adore). This was a book meant for me. I’m obsessed with the game Mass Effect and now that the series is over I needed something to fill in that gap, and The Star Thief did that.
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – (and the second book A Clash of Kings). I can’t believe it took me this long to grab this series because I adore it! There are so many characters and Martin is the king of tiny details.
- Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare – I don’t read a lot of straightforward romance or historical romance for that matter, but this book makes me want all of it.
- Nero’s Fiddle by A.W. Exley – (and Hatshepsut’s Collar). This is one of my favorite series. It has a touch of steampunk, fantasy, romance, and mystery.
- The Last Policeman by Ben H. Winters – (and Countdown City & World of Trouble) This entire series is amazing. It’s a mystery set in pre-apocalyptic world and there were plenty of times where these books put me on edge. Such a fantastic series, with a fantastic writer.
- The Walled City by Ryan Graudin – I wanted this in the top ten….but I wanted all of the others too. So here it sits at 11. It’s got a ton of intense moments and I loved all of the characters. Excellent book.