This month has been both horrible and good, but the stress has been off the charts. I was ‘let go’ from my publicity job, which I have a lot of feelings about so money has been incredibly tight. The bookstore is doing as well as can be expected with it only being open for 3 months. I’m hoping that October will be much better, and that I might be able to find a job that I work while at the store.
We have a few holiday festivals lined up for advertisement. One is for Halloween so I’ll be handing out candy to kids in the downtown area, and the other is for our Christmas Tree lighting downtown. So hopefully I’ll get the name out there some more. I’ll also be going to a Coheed & Cambria concert this upcoming week with my boyfriend and best friend, so yay for that! I got an Xbox One recently and a lot of new games are releasing with in the next week so that’s also something to be excited for.
Books Read – 12
Children’s Books – 2
Manga – 2
Graphic Novels – 3
- Night Rabbits by Lee Posey (Children’s Book)
- Hurry Up and Slow Down by Layn Marlow (Children’s Book)
- Lark Rising by Sandra Waugh
- The Unicorn’s Tale by A.W. Exley
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
- Little Bee by Chris Cleave
- Attack on Titan Vol. 1 (Manga)
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Gakuen Heaven (Manga)
- Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 1 The God Butcher (Graphic Novel)
- Loki: Agent of Asgard Vol. 1 Trust Me (Graphic Novel)
- Captain Marvel Vol. 1 Higher, Further, Faster, More (Graphic Novel)
- Hired Gun by A.J. Bennett (Cover Reveal)
- Liebster Award Answers
- Enchanted by Alethia Kontis (Review)
- Fan Art Up 1 – Beauty and the Beast (This is a new meme I’ve joined to show off artwork!)
- Shakespeare’s Star Wars – Verily, A New Hope by Ian Doescher (Review)
- Night Rabbits by Lee Posey (Tiny Tots Review)
- Interview with Emma Raveling, author of the Ondine Quartet (Interview and Giveaway)
- Fan Art Up 2 – Julia Kagawa’s Contest
- Facts about Jasper by Danielle Young (Guest Post)
- Superior Spiderman Vol. 2 A Troubled Mind (Saturday Issue Review)
- Hired Gun Release Day Blitz
- Beast Part 1 by Ella James ( Mini-Read Review 18+)
- Halee Maree Blitz (Guest Post)
- Bulletproof by Melissa Pearl Cover Reveal
- Fan Art Up 3
- Read, Play, Blog 1
- Larking Rising by Sandra Waugh (Review)
- VS Sports Bra and Workout Shorts (Product Review, thanks to Influenster)
- The Unicorn’s Tail by A.W. Exely (Mini-Read Review)
- The Shadow Over Innsmouth by H.P. Lovecraft (Review)
- Interview with Heather Hildenbrand, author of Imitation (Interview)
Goodreads Challenge – 103/150
I added 12 this month, but I’m still 6 books but that’s way better than the 11 I had at the beginning of the month.
Graphic Novel/Manga/Video Game Novel Challenge – 21/25
I added a ton of these to my read pile this month! 5 added! Now to get the reviews typed up!
TBR Reading Challenge – 9/11
Series Challenge – 3/11
Added the Lunar Chronicles to this! Though that will drop once the new book comes out at the end of the year.
Ice and Fire Readalong – 2/5
Finally finished the 2nd book! Now I’m trying to hold back on the 3rd book, but it’s difficult.