My blog is turning four on June 20th, but I’ve been wanting to celebrate it with a bang for years and now I’m finally doing it! The Summer Solstice Celebration is a two week long event that will feature a new author every day, there will be lots of giveaways and plenty of new books to add to your TBR!
So I hope you’re ready for the fun! Stop by every day to support the authors and make this event a success!
In Libris Veritas – 4 Years!
Behind The Name
In Libris Veritas is a mouthful…and there are days where I regret using Latin to name it. When everyone asks me what the name of the blog is I actually wince, and instead of telling them I just write it down or give them my card. It’s a pain in the ass to say and spell, but by the time I realized how horrible it was going to be it was stuck. I had followers, I had made cards, and I’m stubborn.
I got the idea from a favorite band of mine, HIM, and their song In Venere Veritas which I happened to be listening to as I struggled to find a name that wasn’t already in use. Since I knew Veritas meant truth I decided to just go with it and thus the epically difficult name was born!
Why I Started Blogging
To be honest I’m not really sure why I started. I do know that I started it about a year after I quit college, so I think it was simply something to keep me busy while I got my life together and tried to find a job. I do remember discovering Goodreads a few years earlier and discovering book blogs were a thing thanks to In Between Reading and Writing. I wasn’t very good at it back then and I was pretty infrequent with it, but the longer I sat at home the more I began working on it.
Where I Want to Go
- Become a self hosted site! I want to have a nicer layout and use the Ultimate BB Plugin (because that would be such a big help)
- Book Expo America! I’ve come close to going but life happened and it just didn’t happen, but this is on my bucket list so I’m going to make it happen!
- Keep blogging! This doesn’t seem to difficult but sometimes it is. There are moments where the last thing I want to do is read or write reviews, but I still love it and I cherish the friends I’ve made over the years so I want to keep it going.
I am constantly visiting new blogs and my blog feed is a mile long, but I still want to show love to those who have become friends or I can’t go a day without visiting. So be sure to stop by their blogs and leave them some love!
- Kimba from Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
- Christy from Christy’s Love of Books
- Francine from Always Lost in a Book
- Octavia from Read. Sleep. Repeat
- Jenna from Jenna Does Books
- Michelle from The Passionate Bookworms
- Jeann from Happy Indulgence
- Aeicha from Word Spelunking
Prize: A $10 Amazon Giftcard or a Book(s) from Book Depository for $10 & under
Duration: June 16th -27th
International (as long as Book Depository ships to you)
Here is how it works! In addition to the normal entries there will also be chances to get more by commenting on the new feature posts every day.
Remember to check out all of the posts for more chances to win a giveaway!
Day 2 – Melissa Pearl’s The Fugitive Series (Excerpt & Giveaway)
Day 3 – N.L. Green and Illusions Begin (Interview & Giveaway)
Day 4 – M. Clarke and My Clarity (Excerpt & Giveaway)
Day 5- Kelly Risser and Never Forgotten (Guest Post, Excerpt, & Giveaway)
Day 6- Amanda Moon and Stealing the Ruby Slippers (Interview, Excerpt, & Giveaway)
Day 7 – Jo Michaels and I, Zombie (Interview & Giveaway)
Day 8 – Sherry Ficklin and Losing Logan (Vlog & Giveaway)
Day 9 – Danielle Young and Guided (Interview, Excerpt, & Giveaway)
Day 10 – Jessica Gibson’s The Harder I Fall and The Book Affair (Teaser & Giveaway)