Hosted by Once Upon A Chapter
Goblet of Fire Ch 9 – 13
1. Winky the house elf is found with Henry’s wand after the Dark Mark has been conjured. She is then set free for her disobedience. Thoughts?
It’s such a backwards concept! Nevertheless you could feel the cruelty behind the action and I thought it was beyond harsh. If she were a human in the same position they would have taken the time to question her and give her time to gather herself, but nope! Not mean Mr. Crouch who seems to think he’s better than her…I can say she’s better off without him but she certainly won’t see it that way.
2. Hermione finds out that house elves are responsible for the cooking and cleaning at Hogwarts and then refuses to eat the food they have prepared. Would you have done the same?
I get where she’s coming from…but probably not. I’d probably speak to Dumbledore about it though, he’s seems like a pretty open guy I’m sure he wouldn’t mind explaining when he had the time. I also seriously doubt that someone is in the kitchens gallivanting around and lording over the houseelves either. It pays to have information before making drastic decisions…and not eating would be kind of drastic for me. (Not eating = Michelle laying somewhere passed out). Then again she only last for one meal so while her heart was in a good place I’m guessing she realized that she needs food.
3. Do you feel that Mad-Eye Moody was a good choice for a Defense Against the Dark Arts professor?
Yes, he’s got the experience and the know how…However he’s a bit rough around the edges isn’t he? I don’t really see him as someone who can turn that particular gruffness off and teaching in a manner that won’t completely shock or scare the students.
4. The Triwizard Tournament sounds awfully dangerous. Would you have wanted to participate or watch from the sidelines and cheer on a fellow student?
I’ll cheer thanks! Anything that is advertised as having a ‘death toll’ is clearly too much for me. Self-preservation fully beats out ambition in this case. Fame and glory are great but I’d rather be in one piece and alive.
5. Do you think that Professor Moody was correct in doling out his punishment for Malfoy?
The responsible person in me is saying no…because honestly Malfoy is just a kid. A really irritating kid but a kid nonetheless and what Moody did is essentially the same thing as a teacher in the real world singling out a bully and then tearing him down in front of everyone. I want to say yes so badly though…because it’s rather brilliant and I’m positive Malfoy will never forget it. Though I’m not sure that’s a good thing because he’ll probably blame the Trio for it in the future and his resentment will probably grow.