Waiting on Wednesday #27

21-06-10-cause-id-rather-pretend-ill-still-be-there-at-the-end-explored-1_4

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine where we spotlight books we are eagerly anticipating.

The Arrivals by Melissa Marr

Expected Publication: July 2nd, 2013

Preorder: Amazon* / Barnes & Noble / Book Depository

*I receive a small monetary kickback from Amazon purchases

Chloe knew she shouldn’t have gone into the bar last night. Now, in addition to a pounding headache and weak limbs, she’s got the guilt of five years sobriety down the drain.

When she wakes, she’s not in the world she knows. She’s in The Wasteland, a world populated by monsters and unfamiliar landscapes, in the company of people just like her, pulled to the Wasteland out of time and place, for reasons no one knows or understands. Once there, though, their mission is clear: keep the peace, protect each other, and try not to die, because sometimes, after six days of death, you might not wake up.

But things are changing in the Wasteland. And for Jack and Kitty, brother and sister from a Wild West frontier town; Edgar, a Prohibition rumrunner and Kitty’s former lover; Francis, a former hippie and general peacemaker; Melody, a mentally-unbalanced 50s housewife; and Hector, a former carnival artist, the careful balance they’ve been keeping for years is about to be upset. All of them, and Chloe, are about to get the answer they’ve been looking for years: why have they been brought to the Wasteland in the first place? And will it be possible for them to get back home?

I’m not really big on western type stories but I have to admit to being curious about this one. This has quite the odd group and a rather odd sounding plot.

What are you waiting on this week?

This entry was posted in General and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Waiting on Wednesday #27

1. It does sound a little bit oddball lol.. but who knows! Interesting pick!

2. This sounds really interesting lol You right about the odd sounding group! The colors of the cover really caught my eye though 🙂 Thanks for stopping by My WW!

3. This sounds quite interesting! Thanks for sharing 🙂

My WoW

4. Caro says:

You’re right, this does sound good. I have to admit I’m not so high on wasteland stories myself, but this character mix could make it good. Thanks for sharing! My WoW

5. Thanks for stopping by our blog Sassy Book Lovers. Your pick sounds very interesting, I’ve added it to my TBR list. 🙂

6. Another Melissa Marr book! I haven’t even read her others one (except Ink Exchange, which I hated). I have Carnival of Souls, which is the next Marr book to try! But now I’ll be waiting on this one 😀

Great choice! Hope you get to read it soon 🙂

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

7. Elle says:

Sounds like an interesting read. It’s definitely unlike anything I’ve read before, and the characters sound unique. Thanks for sharing 🙂My WoW

New Follower.

8. This sounds awesome! I’m going to be putting it on my TBR for sure. I think it will be neat seeing so many different personalities from different eras have to work together to survive the wasteland.

My WoW

9. Krystianna says:

This is the first that I’ve heard of this one, though it sounds pretty good. I haven’t read anything by Melissa Marr yet. Thanks for sharing!

Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

10. This seems creepy. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

11. Looks interesting- would love to hear how you liked it!

12. I’m not usually interested in Western-type books either, but I agree this one does sound interesting. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books’ WoW

13. Cool puck! I’ve heard great things abo

14. Cool puck! I’ve heard great things about Narr’s books.

15. Lauren says:

This sounds like a Stephen King sort of novel. I’m definitely going to have to pick this one up when it comes out. Great choice!

16. trishhannon111 says:

Unusual mix, might just work!

BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

17. I love Mel’s books! Can’t wait to read this one great pick! 🙂

Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

18. stuckinbooks says:

What an interesting premise!

Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

19. I really like the premise of this one! Great choice 🙂
    Thanks for dropping by myWoW post!

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

20. Yes! I am sooo going to read this. I’ll probably even feature it in a WoW.

21. I really like the sound of this one. It’s different from anything I’ve read before.

Mel@thedailyprophecy.

22. kimbacaffeinate says:

Well this has me soooo curious!! Thanks for sharing it with us and for stopping by My WoW adding to my list:)

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )