Hosted by Once Upon A Chapter
1. We’ve discovered that Argus Filch is a Squib (a non-magical wizard). Would you rather be a Squib or a Muggle?
Oooh hard question actually. If I were to answer right away I would say Squib, because atleast then I would get to be in that world and see everything for what it is. However there is some obvious hostility from Filch and I think it’s bitterness, so naturally I think being bitter about not having magic when everyone else does is a possiblity.
I suppose I would still have to go with Squib though. I may not be able to do magic but I could feed Thestrals or become a potions master. There are options but Filch kind of makes it seem…depressing.
2. When Harry, Ron, and Hermione are found standing in the corridor where Mrs. Norris has been attacked, suspicion is immediately thrown on the trio. Much to Harry’s surprise, Professor Snape speaks up on their behalf. This is after trying to have both Ron and Harry expelled for the flying car incident. What do you make of this?
I think everyone knows what I make of this by now. 😛
In all seriousness though, I think it’s just another level of depth and layering that JK adds to Severus’ character. He’s showing a side that no one expects from him because everyone (almost everyone) thinks he’s up to no good both in the books and those reading. So adding the little moments like this or him trying to save Harry from the broomstick incident makes people think. Just what is that man up to? *wiggles eyebrows*
3. Dobby comes to visit Harry after Harry is hit by a bludger. Dobby admits to sealing the gate to the Hogwarts Express and to jinxing the bludger all in order to save Harry Potter’s life. What are your thoughts on Dobby after these admissions?
*sighs* Dobby, Dobby, Dobby…he’s so cute and soooo annoying. I think he has communication issues to be honest. Obviously he’s bound to his master and it’s clear he’s not supposed to be warning anyone about danger, so I get that he feels he can’t come out and just say it…but I really wish he would just go up to Harry and lay it all out. But, NOPE…he goes and breaks the kid’s arm.
He has some whacked out ideas about getting someone to heed his warnings, and if he wasn’t so adorable I’d say he was a bit twisted. Everything he does basically screams “listen and do what I’m telling you do or I will make you life harder to live.” Though I know it isn’t his intention.
4. It appears that the Chamber of Secrets is not simply a myth because Muggle-born students are being attacked. As a student, would you have been able to keep your focus on your schoolwork or would you be experiencing too much anxiety to work properly?
Well, I’d say my focus would be a bit frazzled and while I’d do the work it might not be up to my standards. I mean a monster of Slytherin is running about in the school….Of course being in Slytherin I’d feel a bit safer I suppose and it would depend on my blood as well. If I happened to be muggle-born I’d probably end up attempting to tag along with every professor I could find, even if I had to get dentition or stay after and ask a crap load of questions. I definitely wouldn’t sneak about or go somewhere alone.
5. Harry, Ron, and Hermione use Polyjuice Potion to infiltrate the Slytherin common room and interrogate Draco Malfoy. If you had one hour to impersonate someone, who would you be and why?
Ooo good questions! It’s a hard one too. Hmm who would I be? I can’t think of anyone famous or of any world leaders I’d like to be for an hour…Maybe I’d turn into my boyfriend for an hour, then we could play tricks on our friends. It would like having a twin for an hour. Though that could get weird fast…gender swapping and all that.
Maybe I’d just do what Hermionie actually did and try out cat hair, a cat for an hour! Well a human cat for an hour, I bet that would be pretty interesting.