The bi-annual Readathon is back! I look forward to this in April and October, though this is only my third time participating. These are usually highly successful readathons for me and a ton of fun, because there are a ton of other people enjoying the madness as well. This month’s will be interesting because I know I will have company and I’m not sure how much reading I’ll actually get done, but I plan on trying anyway. My boyfriend is rather supportive of my crazy reading adventures so I know he won’t bother me on purpose, lol.
Keep up with the readathon on the site: Dewey’s Readathon or on twitter (#readathon)
Manuscript – I need this done before Monday, this is top priority The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe – Only the last 50 pages
- Nefertiti’s Heart by A.W. Exley
- Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield – Another top priorty read
- Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
- Eve Hallows and the Book of Shrieks by Robert Gray
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Subject to change of course.
Hour 1 – Introduction Questions
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
- Villa Rica, GA
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
- Probably Scarlet…actually it’s definitely Scarlet. Unfortunately it’s low priority compared to a few others so I’m not sure I’ll get to it.
- Which snack are most looking forward to?
- I actually do not plan out snacks before hand…I probably should but I never know what I want before I want it.
- Tell us a little something about yourself
- I as I write this I keep glancing back at my bed wishing I could back to sleep. *yawns* I guess for those who do not know me, I’m a 22 year old with a lot of time on her hands. When I’m not reading I’m probably hanging out with my dog or playing some sort of video game, I also enjoy archery.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
- Well this will the first time I have company while it’s going on, so I’m not sure how this is going to go or not. Other than that I don’t plan on doing anything differently, but I’ll probably read less.
Hour 17 –
Guys…I totally failed at this. Well to be honest I just wasn’t feeling it and I wanted to spend time with my boyfriend, so we ended up hanging out downtown checking out all the little shops. Then lunch and dinner, and Doctor Who. It was an off day and I just need the social interaction over the books.
Books Read: 1
Books Read: 2
- The Way We Fall
Mini Challenge: Turn the Page –
“I would rather read than ________ any day!”
I would rather read than follow her like bees any day!
Pg 32 – Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
Mini Challenge: Cover Me –
- Best Title – Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls
- Best Dressed – The Elite
- Cutest Couple – Without a Summer
- Most Delicious Cover – Bake It like you Mean It
- Cutest Animal – A Little Book of Sloth
- Cutest Kid – Garden Stones
- Best to Avoid in a Dark Alley – Goliathus Hercules
- Best Tattoo – Bodies of Subversion
- Best Cover – Angelopolis