Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Top Ten Books I Want to Reread
In no particular order.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – I’ve been meaning to get around to reading these again this year but I’ve been so busy trying to get reviews out and diminish my tbr stack that I still haven’t. I adore this series and even though I’ve read the first 4 twice already I still want to read them all gain.
- The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde – One of my all time favorite books that I’m sad to say I’ve only read once, but I’m dying to read again.
- The Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini – Since this last book has taken so long to come out I fear I’m going to have to refresh my memory as to what all has happened in the first three.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte – Another favorite of mine. I read it in high school for an assignment so I probably didn’t really read it the way I should have but I did really enjoy it a lot. I want to read it again and this time really take it all in.
- Sophie’s World by Jostien Gaarder – This is becoming a favorites list I suppose, but here is yet another one. This is also one I read in high school for an assignment though I put a lot more thought and time into this then any other book I read. It’s so heavy on philosophy and the teacher I had posed really interesting questions to go with it that even now I still thinking about. Terrific book.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker – An awesome book that deserves a re-read since I practically devoured it the first time
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – While I’m re-reading Dracula why not read this one too. I adore the history surround ‘Dracula’ (Vlad Tepes) and this was such the perfect blending of history and literature.
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan – In truth I’ve read this about three times, all in the same month due to a college class. And despite the fact that I practically analyzed every aspect of this book I still really loved it. It’s such a gripping read and unique in it’s own right.
- The Odyssey by Homer – I’ve read this a few times as well but it never gets old. I love greek mythology and this is by the best I’ve read. As it should be.
- So You Want to Be A Wizard by Diane Duane – I read this back in 9th or 10th grade and I barely remember it, but I do remember it being really interesting. So I’d like to read it again and see if I want to read the others in the series.
I know I post a lot of YA book reviews but I truly do read and enjoy a lot more then that. And as you can see a lot of the YA books I’ve read I don’t find particularly reread-able.
Hosted by Should Be Reading
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme. Anyone can play along! Just pick up your current read. Turn to a random page and pick a couple of sentences off the page. Make sure you don’t include any spoilers!
“Too many of us,” she said, “take great pains with what we ingest through our mouths, and far less of what we partake of through our ears and eyes. Wouldn;t you say?”
Pg 157, The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson