Hosted by Book Journey
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!
- Eve – Anna Carey (Review has been posted)
- .Hack// Legend of the Twilight Vol.3
- The Way of Kings – Brandon Sanderson
- (Re)Visions: Alice – Kaye Chazan, Christian Young, Hilary Thomas, Amanda Ching, Lewis Carroll (ARC)
- Starcrossed – Josephine Angelini
- Big Chills – John McDonnell
- 13 Scary Stories – John McDonnell
- 13 Horror Stories – John McDonnell
Hosted by Books And A Beat
What does it take for you to give up on a book you’re reading?
Well I usually never truly give up on a book just because I’m stubborn and reading it over the course of weeks,months, or even years is better then not reading it at all. Every book I’ve started and placed back on my shelf I have full intentions to read, but since I read based on mood it can take me a while to ‘want’ to read it. I would say if I were to give up on a book it would have to be so utterly boring that I couldn’t stay awake while reading it and the writing would have to be so terrible that I’d have trouble understanding it. Fortunately I’ve yet to find a book that terrible.
I suppose if you count the books I’ve read the first page of and put down, to later give away. Then yes I’ve given up on them, but it’s simply because it’s not something I’d read so why bother? I don’t count them because I don’t get fair enough to truly know any of the plot.